“Encouraging souls through Biblical teaching and discipleship,” Anchor 217 Ministries is a lay ministry founded in February 2017 that is designed to support the local church by forming relationships and providing resources whereby meaningful, intentional Christian growth takes place. We believe there’s so much more than “nominal Christian living” so we aim to Inform, Impact and Inspire Christians to help lengthen their reach and perfect their aim primarily through teaching, writing, and special events.
The idea for “Anchor 217” springs from both New Testament and Old Testament Bible passages:
“…[that] we who have taken refuge would have strong encouragement to take hold of the hope set before us. This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast…” – Hebrews 6:18b-19a
“They taught in Judah, having the book of the law of the Lord with them; and they went throughout all the cities of Judah and taught among the people.” – 2 Chronicles 17:9
Anchor 217’s 9 Ministry Strategies
- Practical and relevant Biblical teaching from a layman and fellow disciple’s perspective.
- Writing articles and books that support the teaching.
- Promoting the availability of these resources both online and in-person.
- Fueling the ministry with a “day job” so that resources can be provided at minimal or no cost and without the distraction of having to raise funds.
- Providing occasional venues to create relationships and reinforce Biblical teaching with memorable events.
- Mentoring through intentional and relational small-group accountability.
- Praying specifically and intentionally for those within and without our particular circle of influence.
- Performing meaningful ministry to demonstrate tangible acts of love and service to others.
- Committing to our own continuous improvement through regular worship while sitting under the authority of other Godly teaching.
With a versatile, practical and down-to-earth style, Eric is available to speak or conduct teaching sessions on a variety of topics for groups of all sizes, genders and ages. Current structured offerings include:
- “Our God, His People: Foundations of the Christian Faith“
- “Elevate Your Faith: Matthew’s Mountain Messages“
- “The Power of ONE Man: Making an Eternal Difference“
- “Revolutionary Leadership for Men“
- “Christian Leadership Principles for Young Men“
Drop us a line to see how we might slide alongside your group for a season!